Followers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Quick Draw.....and the Widow

Although I have decided to make this blog about photography, parts of the everyday are going to leak in.....just sayin'. And, part of the 'everyday' include this Black Widow. Just for one day tho'.


So, I'm in the kitchen, happily preparing cucumber soup, with cucumbers from my garden when I approach the drawer above the cupboard where my measuring cups are stored, only to discover, a mere second before I reach to the door, this raven beauty. (Generous I am with the description of beauty, eh?) Now most folks, (by that I mean women, without stereotyping) would scream and flee from the room. And, I'll admit I was a bit FREAKED OUT, but managed to keep my cool long enough to reach for my trusty camera, conveniently sitting on the counter just above the offending arachnid, and politely ask her to pose for me.......(pfth, she acquiesced).....then I promptly killed her with my flip flop!


So, the questions begging to be answered are: Where was she hiding before she ventured out? What would compel her to venture out, as I know the Widders like their dark places? AND, And, and, where are her kiddies still hiding?


And, as for the photography, I was trying to be quick, so as not to lose my chance at the execution, and this photograph is not spectacularly artistic or photographically romantic, it does 'capture' the moment! (ta da).


Peace
S

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on a picture well taken that shows no shakiness to the camera! You are one brave girlie! If I would have stuck around (not) to take this, it would have been all over the place because of my quivering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i swear i commented on this one...thanks for the birthday wishes...spiders in small number dont mess with me but a room full..a.ck!

    ReplyDelete